We have the ability to perform the following testing and inspection services both on-site (client premises) and within our fully equipped investigative laboratories as follows:
- Visual examination to identify wear patterns, damage, corrosion, and any evidence of failure modes.
- Fractographic examination to identify mechanism of fracture and determine the cause of undesirable cracking and failure by characterizing features and patterns of a fractured surface.
- Chemical analysis to determine the material composition, element analysis, and impurity identification.
- Microstructural examination to identify materials structure and defect characteristic as well as determine the nature and morphology of the cracks.
- Scanning electron microscopy examination to evaluate fracture surface and crack initiation and propagation sites at high magnifications.
- Tensile, hardness, and impact tests to evaluate the mechanical properties of the failed products.
- Corrosion testing and analysis to determine the corrosion rate and mechanism.
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) to detect surface and shallow subsurface discontinuities, cracks, seam, voids or materials flaws.
Feel free to contact our materials and metallurgical engineers to assist you with all your specific needs, or to request a quotation.