ABEN metallurgical engineering team offers the following macroscopic examination services according to the relevant standards:
Weld cross-section examination to reveal:
- Weld geometry.
- Weld profile, weld passes and sequence.
- Internal discontinuities such as voids, porosity, inclusions, slag, cracks, lack of weld penetration, and lack of sidewall fusion.
- Extent of heat-affected zone (HAZ).
- Surface defects such as undercut, inconsistent weld bead profiles, excessive throat, concave or convex weld, and weld toe angle.
- Joint geometry defects such as root gap, root face, and misalignment.
Fractogrphic examination to identify:
- All sorts of anomalies, service damage, wear marks, and cracks.
- Corrosion damage and morphology of corrosion products.
- Mechanism of fracture and any evidence of failure modes.
Feel free to contact us for more information about our positive material identification services or to request a quotation.