Using standard metallographic techniques and an advanced image analysis software, ABEN Technical Services offers microscopic examination services both on-site (client premises) and within our advanced equipped laboratories in order to determine:
- Microstructural characteristics such as grain structures, grain size, phase transformation, distribution of structural phases and impurities (metallic and non-metallic).
- Internal discontinuities such as voids, porosity, shrinkage, inclusions and cracks.
- Effective or total case-depth in accordance with AS 1982.
- Material’s response to processing such as heat treatment and welding.
- Material degradation and failure mechanisms such as corrosion.
- Extent of carburization & decarburization.
- Classification of graphite in cast iron in terms of type, distribution, and size.
Feel free to contact us for more information about our positive material identification services or to request a quotation.