Optical emission spectroscopy (OES) using Arc/Spark excitation is the most preferred method to determine the chemical composition of metallic materials used in a wide range of industries.
In this method, the excited atoms/ions in the discharge plasma (high energy state) create a unique emission spectrum and emit light with a wavelength specific to each element. This light is then directed into the optical systems to extract the emission spectrum and measured using an electronic detector (photomultiplier tube) which converts light into electric signal. The measured signal is consequently converted into concentrations of chemical elements, which provide information regarding the specimen chemical composition.
Using a Thermo Scientific ARL 3460 optical emission spectrometer, ABEN’s chemical analysis lab offers fast, accurate, and reliable chemical analysis services for:
- Determining material identification and verification.
- Verifying chemical composition from raw material to finished product.
- Determining material composition, element analysis, and impurity identification.
- Calculating equivalent carbon content (C.E) for the welding process.
- Supporting quality control processes, material selection, and failure analysis research.
Feel free to contact us for more information about our positive material identification services or to request a quotation.