Our metals analysis services are provided for ferrous and non ferrous metal products and welds. The metals analysis services provided include:
- Positive Material Identification
- Metal Chemical Analysis
- Ferrite Measurment
- Ferrite Content
- Permeability Tests
- Conductivity Tests
- Grain Size Determination
- Graphite Size Determination
- Non Metallic Inclusion Determination
- Conductor Coating Continuity Test
- Conductor Resistance Test
Our experienced metallurgy and metals testing staff perform all metal testing analysis and issue comprehensive test reports.
Refer to our Mechanical and Corrosion Testing section for further materials testing available.
Our Metallurgy services are provided by qualified Metallurgists with years of experience in
- Forensic failure analysis / metallurgical investigations
- Metals analysis of particulates
- Materials selection and engineering
- Metallography / Fracture analysis
- Replication (On-site)
All metal products can be investigated or determined to assist design departments or engineering staff in selecting the correct metal or determining the reason for any failure / production problem.
We also provide on-site metallurgy services using replication testing, parent metal identification testing (PMI) and more.
We have completed investigations and / or provided recommendations for materials on:
- Pressure pipelines and pressure-vessels
- Heat exchangers and boilers
- Cranes and lifting equipment
- Presses and Crushing equipment
- Rail and rolling stock equipment
All investigations include comprehensive forensic reports and failure mechanisms.